The Ice Bucket Challenge seems to be sweeping the world and the interwebs. It was only a matter of time before the challenge was to hit Ottoman3. One of our talented Brow Artists took on the challenge and bravely nominated our Managing Director Mini Latif. Not one to shy away from a challenge, Mini accepted what had to be done. So here it is, the clip of our fearless leader drowning herself in ice cold water. Bravo Mini!
On a more serious note, the Ice Bucket Challenge is all about raising awareness and much needed funds for ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) or as it more commonly known in Australia MND (motor neurone disease).
Facts about MND
- MND is a progressive, terminal neurological disease
- There is no known cure and no effective treatment for MND
- Each day in Australia two people die from MND
- Each day in Australia two people are diagnosed with MND
- People with MND progressively lose the use of their limbs and ability to speak, swallow and breathe, whilst their mind and senses usually remain intact
- Average life expectancy is 27 months
- An estimated 1,900 people have MND in Australia
- For every person diagnosed with MND it is estimated that a further 14 members of their family and their friends will live with the effect of MND forever
Follow this link to see how you can get involved and donate. You can choose to donate to help support those living with the diesease or you can donate to the research institute to help find better treatment and potentially even cure MND.